Pages

Keira Knightley admits that she has Acne

Keira Knightley

Most people were shocked when actress Keira Knightley failed to bag the Best Actress BAFTA award for her role in the 2007 film Atonement, which she starred in with Scottish actor James McAvoy. They were even more surprised when the blockbuster film failed to receive any prizes at the Oscars. However, at just 23 years old, Knightley has plenty more time to win these coveted prizes in what will hopefully be a lengthy career.

Keira Knightley Keira Knightley

Knightley was born in London in 1985, the daughter of a playwright and actor. She was eager to pursue acting from childhood, and soon racked up appearances in a number of made for TV films such as Doctor Zhivago. However, it was her 2002 appearance in the popular football film Bend it like Beckham that raised her profile enough to get her noticed by Hollywood. After this, roles in Disney's (www.disney.com) Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, Domino and Pride and Prejudice beckoned. She won a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role as Elizabeth Bennett in the latter, and started to be regarded as a real star.

Keira Knightley

However, despite being Britain's hottest actress and a rising star in Hollywood, life certainly isn't all roses for Keira Knightley. The beautiful star has often spoken of her body hang-ups in interviews, particularly her skinny frame and her chronic adult acne. Indeed, her acne has caused her to loathe having her photograph taken, particularly by the paparazzi. She explains, "I'm not comfortable being photographed when I'm being myself. I believe the Aborigines say that every photo takes away a bit of your soul. It's very odd but I think there's some truth in that."

Keira Knightley
The actress also reveals that she dislikes her looks and relies on make-up artists to make her look good. She said: "I look in the mirror and go, "Oh no! More spots, more acne!" she adds, "I've been saved many times at film premieres by wonderful make-up artists who make my skin look much better than it is. That's all part of the make-believe world of cinema."

Keira Knightley

Knightley admits that her adult acne has left her with low self-esteem, although being a sex symbol has helped her to come to terms with her body. She said: "My film career has boosted my self-esteem. I'm self-conscious and I've always tried to dress down. I don't even like wearing make-up but I have to because of my acne."

Keira Knightley

Ultimately, whether pondering her latest film role or a new acne treatment, it's clear that Keira Knightley's insecurities make her just like the rest of us. Although she is often invited to star-studded award ceremonies and fashion shows, she still has to worry about spots and bad hair days.

Article Source: http://www.articletap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers